2 voices
2 replies
  • Author
      Linda-A.-Alvira
      Participant

What you fail to comply to on the individual level, can be obtained smoothly on the collective, and the collective usually flunks in what the individual usually excels in outstandingly

Gustave Le Bon said “The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim. An individual in a crowd is a grain of sand amid other grains of sand, which the wind stirs up at will”

Painting: Lowry 1955

Linda-A.-Alvira
      Participant

I can’t see any way to edit my post.
      Since the top paragraph is included, it and the quote were sent to me by Ehab Kamel.

The painting should be attributed to: LS Lowry, 1919

Argumentative Atheist
        Keymaster

Sorry I didn’t reply to this earlier, I was having an issue with the activity feed where comments were not showing up when posted. I think I have it pretty much solved at the moment.

People had the ability to edit their comments set for about 5 minutes after someone makes a post. It should now be set to an unlimited length of time. Please let me know if you have any issues editing your comment now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.